Are you looking for teeth whitening services in the Greater Perth area? Duncraig Village Dental offers professional ‘Zoom Teeth Whitening’, to help get rid of yellow, stained teeth, and deliver sparkling white smiles, using our safe and efficient procedures.
Now, how do we do it?
Duncraig Village Dental uses ‘Zoom Advanced Power’ – an in-practice laser teeth whitening procedure that is effective, safe and very fast, with the procedure taking just over an hour.
The procedure is simple, whereas Zoom whitening gel is applied to your teeth before being activated by a specially designed light. This procedure is followed by a five-minute fluoride teeth whitening treatment.
The results are truly remarkable, with many patients seeing results of teeth six to ten shades whiter. Try Zoom teeth whitening yourself and you’ll be amazed, as teeth get even whiter in the few days following the procedure in most cases.
Is teeth whitening safe?
This is a valid question, and one easily answered. Yes.
Zoom light activated gel was developed after years of research by Discus Dental, the leaders in professional teeth whitening. The gel is a specifically formulated, pH balanced hydrogen peroxide that, when activated by the Zoom light, gently penetrates the teeth to remove deep stains and discolouring.
Though the words ‘hydrogen peroxide’ may seem harsh, don’t worry; this active agent of the Zoom product has been used safely for many years in the treatment of gums and other oral soft tissue.
So, what are you waiting for? Duncraig Village Dental has the experience, technology and know-how to make your smile brilliantly white in no time. Contact us today to arrange a booking for your Zoom teeth whitening procedure, and let us help deliver you with the confidence boost you’ve been waiting for.
Zoom Teeth Whitening Aftercare
The effectiveness of a Zoom teeth whitening procedure doesn’t end when you walk out of the dentist practice; aftercare is important to maximise the results of teeth whitening. Your teeth enamel will remain porous for several days after a teeth whitening treatment, so to ensure the most significant and longest lasting results, DV Dental recommends the following aftercare.
- Avoid any staining food and drink for at least the first 48 hours (more details below).
- Brush and floss as regular, using white-coloured toothpaste only.
- If sensitivity is an issue in the first few days, switch to a toothpaste product
- for sensitive teeth. This symptom will pass quickly.
- To combat further staining over time, you may opt for Zoom! Weekender.
This at-home teeth whitening system can be used to boost the whiteness of your smile every 4-6 months.
For 48 hours after your Zoom teeth whitening treatment:
- NO dark coloured drinks including tea, coffee, red wine, coloured drinks and fruit juice.
- NO staining foods like bolognese, berries, soy sauce, ketchup, red meat, chocolate and items with food colouring. If you wouldn’t want to spill it on a white shirt, avoid it.
- NO smoking or tobacco products.
- NO coloured toothpaste or mouthwash.
- NO lipstick or coloured lip-glosses
What food can I have in the first 48 hours after the laser tooth whitening treatment?
Everything you eat should be light coloured or white. Think: chicken, turkey, white fish, potatoes, milk, rice crispies, white rice, pasta, cheddar cheese, cauliflower, white bread, plain yoghurt.
Meals such as mac & cheese, fish & chips or lightly grilled chicken & potatoes are perfect.
What drinks can I have in the first 48 hours?
- Still or sparkling water
- Coconut water
- Tonic water
- Clear lemonade
- Clear alcohol, ie: gin, vodka, white rum, white wine.